Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tattered Simplicity

I have been feeling very inspired as of late but inspiration does not always bring motivation, therefore the blog has been a bit neglected. So instead of spending my entire post harping on the fact that I haven't been posting to the blog, let's admire the above photo instead.

I'm not sure what it is about "Classic" american women's wear brands that ruffles my feathers, maybe the fact that anything vintage I gravitate towards or the fact that I've always felt I have an old soul. Whatever the reason these brands excite me. I love an old Liz Claiborne purse (and have a couple in my collection), or an Anne Klein oversized blazer, or even a pair of 90's Calvin Klein pumps, whatever the vintage American classic, it's usually a "Love" in my eyes!

Something about the wear of the leather or the tattered edges of the label makes me feel like our overly technologically advanced universe is overrated and what it comes down to is the simplicity in life. The craftsmanship of the simple things is what brings balance to an otherwise fast-paced existence.

Love....Tesh!
Bag: Liz Claiborne...Thrifted

No comments: