Monday, December 16, 2013

Impromptu











2impromptu adjective : not prepared ahead of time : made or done without preparation 

Here I am! I've been going through a roller coaster of emotions lately which I know are necessary for me to move to the next level in my journey, but that fact does not ease the adverse effects I've been experiencing. Everything I've experienced, good and bad, has brought me to this point in my life. This brings me to the word "impromptu", which came up this weekend after an Afternoon tea I attended, and it's been stuck in my head ever since. "Not prepared ahead of time"..."Made or done without preparation", you would think Improvisation would not be a characteristic anyone would aspire to attain besides maybe an actor or performer but I'm not "Anyone".  

You see some things I experienced made me afraid to not be in total control of every situation in my life. A life with "total control" is one boring and scary life. No fun only fear. That's where I was for quite some time. This is why "I" aspire for a life of improvisation. This doesn't mean I make no plans or goals, it just means I'd like to get to the point where I get out of my head and into my heart. This is a struggle but I think I'm almost there. I'm on the cusp, the last leg, the final inning of my race to total freedom.

Now to the fun part!
Above is what I wore to a tea this past weekend hosted by one of my dear friends Teknicolure (click the link & check out her blog). I had too much fun, a given, as I always do whenever us girls get together. I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend.

Love, 
Tesh

what I wore:
Thrifted dress & belt
Thrifted clutch bag
Carlos Santana mohair leopard pumps
Anne Klein cuff watch
Old thrifted bracelets & earrings
"Baby" borrowed (nephew)

No comments: