Sunday, August 10, 2008

All Grown Up!




Wow, is all I have to say about the Fall '08 ready-to-wear collections. There was so much variety, and color, and just WOW! I had not taken an in depth look at the collections even though they deputed in shows since the early spring. A lot of the collections inspired me for this coming autumn to be a GROWN UP. I did recently have a birthday and I am getting pretty up there in age to be wearing jeans, t-shirts, and flip flops all the time. Well maybe I'm exaggerating just a little. I don't wear those things all the time, just everyday except Sundays and even sometimes on Sundays I end up wearing jeans. I attend one of those churches where everyone just wears whatever feels comfortable. No really, I have been trying to diversify my wardrobe this summer by showing off my legs with short skirts and a couple dainty dresses. I am trying to gradually weed myself off of those things which remind me of my youth, yet still keep a fun and young element in my dressing. It doesn't help that I appear to be not a day over sixteen. Yes I know it's so so sad. Anyways, I'm so excited for the Fall that I cannot contain myself. Above are a couple things I pulled, from miscellaneous places, that grabbed my attention. Many of the complete looks are straight off the runway from the Maurizio Pecararo show. I love these little booties I pulled but am kind of skeptical about wearing them with skirts and dresses due to a condition I'm suffering from called "Chickenleg syndrome". No, I've actually learned to love my legs. I just have to be very careful about the silhouettes to which I choose to indulge. So hurry up September so I can trade my tank tops for fur coats....MooHooHooHaaHaaHaa!

No comments: