Saturday, April 25, 2015

In The Moment











Here's what I wore last weekend to an outdoor family party. Why? You ask am I just getting around to writing this post then? Well, between long hours at my full-time job, searching for prom dresses for a friend's relative, and visiting the doctor where I received a lethal dose of some undisclosed substance, okay so it was just a booster shot but the fever, chills, and aches said otherwise, life has been a bit busy.

But, me I'm good! I've been enjoying the quiet moments I have all alone. You know the ones you wait for all day even if it's just five minutes alone in a bathroom stall with the silent whisper of your thoughts...yes those. I love and cherish the time I have by myself with a lit scented tobacco noir candle, which is the one I have burning as I type, crackling in the background as you imagine and plan the future. But no, I've learned the older I get to take and experience each moment exactly as that "in the moment".

So, in this moment I will review my clothing choice for this particular day. In trying to reach my family in order to find out the attire for the party, I experienced no such luck therefore I went with my gut and what felt right, which is usually what I do in most cases in my life even those which don't involve my wardrobe. In my part of town this day there was some moderate heat so I wanted to wear something cool but slightly dressy but still comfy since the party was outdoors in a backyard. I opted for this little number I picked up at one of my favorite discount chains Marshall's I love you. I love the shape of this dress because it's not too feminine but it can be made to look so or balanced with some masculine pieces as well. Since the party was in the late afternoon, I figured it would get a bit chilly therefore I needed a jacket of some sort. I chose this strong shouldered white blazer which I thrifted last year. Then for my shoes I wanted something a little unexpected so I went with one of my favorite pairs of Brogues by John Fluevog to throw a little curve ball.
 I love adding that unexpected element to an outfit to dirty it up a bit in true adoRebel style.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Spring weather as I am I'm really savoring this nice calm weather as the sweltering California summer is approaching us. I am also awaiting the arrival of my second new nephew of the month, yes I know this is very rare and shocking, and can't wait for his arrival. I really hope I get some more free leisure time with my family soon but for now just juggling the things I love. On that note!

Love

Dress: Truth NYC
Blazer: Thrifted
Shoes: John Fluevog (thrifted)
Jewelry: Old Navy & old

No comments: