Sunday, March 27, 2016

Middle Waters











You know that place where you're out in the wild, like a fish out of water, in my case me in the middle waters. The waves are crashing around you, the surf pulling you under. You're a little afraid but you keep taking each wave wiping your face and without the passing of a second ready for the next. I am currently in this place. Everything is unknown and it was scary for me to take the first step and each next step gets no easier but I'm so ready for it because I've spent so much time in the safety of everything that was. 

This journey will be scary and treacherous but necessary for me to go to the next level in my story, my life, my purpose. Within this process I'm not changing myself only my actions, I'm accepting that which I've always tried to fight because I was somewhere told it wasn't enough. Sometimes told it was too much. I'm sitting in my truth and conquering all the fears which existied in the "me" of past. Along the way seeking guidance from my creator. 

On to this look. I wore this for Resurrection Sunday also known as Easter. The matching top and pants are part of a three piece ensemble I thrifted a little over a year ago. This was my first time wearing it. I loved it when I bought it but never had the courage to wear it...It wasn't time. Currently, on the other hand, I've been unveiling some things about myself I in the past tried to hide for fear of rejection, judgement, or even just fear of dislike. I often denied myself the pleasure of simply wearing what I liked because it had been judged so much in the past and/or I feared people disliking me so I changed myself to be accepted. I've found the opposite is true. The more I accept myself the more others accept me because I'm being my genuine self. Hope you all enjoyed this holiday...cheers. Further outfit details below:

Vest: Mossimo
Shoes: Calvin Klein
Watch: Guess
Anklet & Clutch: Thrifted

No comments: